The parish church was erected by decree of Bishop Cardinal Morozzo in 1831. It is dedicated to the Virgin and martyr Saint Christine of Bolsena. The origin of this church dates back to a small Oratory with its ancient baptistery that was built between the second half of the 15th century and the beginning of the 16th century and therefore it is distinct from the Parish Church of Borgomanero.
The church itself is due to the fervour and persuasive efforts of the venerable Bishop Carlo Bascapè, who consecrated it on 25th July 1605. In those years, Bascapè established there a Congregation of Saints Gaudentius and Charles. He also set up a ‘School of Moral Theology’ and, in 1609, called the theologian Francesco Marconi Quagliotti to manage it.
The present size of the Church of Saint Christine is due to the rebuilding carried out in the early 1700s.